I am not a baker. I prefer salty snacks to sweet. If I am going to consume extra calories, I would rather they be in a wine glass. My kids do enjoy sweets and every once in a while, I find myself baking something for them. The other night, my husband and I had plans with friends. They brought their kids over to hang out with ours. She brought dinner and I offered to make snacks and dessert. I found a box of brownie mix in my pantry and decided to whip up a quick batch. On the shelf next to the brownie mix was a bag of Hershey’s Kisses left over from Christmas. My friend, Amy, who is a good baker, gave me this idea for brownie “muffins” with Hershey Kisses inside. I decided to make my version of her quick recipe.
▪ Make up batter from boxed brownie mix per instructions on box
▪ Pour batter into a large Ziploc bag
▪ Place mini muffin cups on cookie sheet
▪ Snip corner off of Ziploc bag to act as a pastry bag. This works so much better than trying to spoon batter into the muffin cups. Fill each cup 2/3 of the way.
▪ Bake brownie muffins for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let them cool completely. You can put in the refrigerator to cool faster.
I made 24 muffins for 5 teens and preteens. When we got home, there was nothing except the wrappers left!